The skin is exposed to a lot of changes, whether in color or texture, including white spots on the skin, which may be surprising to some and in this case, you should immediately consult a doctor to find out the reasons and take appropriate measures.
In this article, we will walk you through the common causes of white spots appearing on the skin, as well as important prevention tips.
Causes of white spots appearing on the skin:
Vitiligo is a disease of the pigment cells responsible for the secretion of the melanin produced by the pituitary gland, a skin disease that is not contagious at all. Vitiligo is also characterized by the appearance of white irregular patches that spread to the ends of the body in particular and the rest of the body in some cases, but the skin is natural in relation to the rest of its other properties such as smoothness and texture.
Skin infection :
This leads to thickening and hardening of the outer layer of the skin, and affects mainly on the arms and legs, and is either red or purple in the beginning and when the matter worsens the color of the spots becomes completely white.
In this case, the brown or red spots surrounded by white circles appear on the patient’s skin, which are more severe than Vitiligo and may appear permanently in these people, but in return, necessary measures should be taken to prevent the worsening of the condition.
In some cases, the skin may be affected by burns or infections, which will cause white spots to appear in some of these cases, and they will be removed by taking the necessary measures.
It is a rash that causes irritation, redness and itching, and this condition may be accompanied by the appearance of some white spots, and some white spots may form on it as a result of the rash accompanied by this condition, and these spots can be eliminated by treating the eczema itself.
The deficiency of some minerals in the body, such as zinc, or vitamins (C, A), leads to dry skin, white spots, and the treatment in this case is to eat a healthy food that contains all the nutrients to repair the skin cells and use sun protection creams.
Ways to reduce the appearance of white spots on the skin:
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun’s harmful rays to avoid damaging the melanin, which is the cells responsible for coloring the skin.
- Skin should be protected from the sun by using sunscreen, wearing sunglasses and large caps.
- When getting a yeast infection, you should use an anti-fungal shampoo and cream.
- Apply moisturizer to the affected area constantly to moisturize and protect from dryness.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet, which contains all vitamins, iron, and zinc.
- You must drink enough water every day, especially in the summer, to prevent drying and cracking of the skin.